Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today's endorsement of Barack Obama by Colin Powell made everything better. Like on your birthday, when the day just has a heightened feeling of extra-goodness. As a matter of fact, I think Colin Powell should just go ahead and issue a common sense, thoughtful, rational thought of the week every week. It will make me feel less crazy. Although the truly stupid, racist and stubborn probably won't listen anyway.

It's gushing, I know, but I wish I could put into words how truly inspired I am by Sen. Obama. How amazing it is to be able to have another role model to show my son and stepson. How sorely black people in America were missing something huge to be proud of like this.

I've also been inspired to do more, give more, be more active. I've been trying to figure out how.

No comments: