Tuesday, February 28, 2006

i'm good at two kinds of writing: methodical and emotional.

Methodical writing is what pays the bills. Newswriting, at least the way I do it, is easy; who,what,when,where,why. My words are utilitarian. They get the point across without being slowed by bells and whistles.

Emotional writing is my word vomit. it's what i do when i can't take it anymore. It's for when the mopey 13-year-old in me wants to come out and have a pouty party.

But I want more than that. I can feel so much underneath the surface and it's hard for me to give those feelings voice. In my head, it sounds one way but once i put fingers to keyboard -word vomit. And i feel like a blubbering idiot.

The things that gives me hope are this site and my tenacousness. I don't want to let go of my desire to write well. I want to wrestle the thing until it's conquered.

No comments: